Bash Symlink Problem

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:39:15 PDT 2006

On 10/12/06, DiGrazia, Mick A <mick.digrazia at uconn.edu> wrote:
> I have installed lfs up to section 6.8 and I am now running into a
> problem installing man pages and Glibc. When I run 'make install'
> command I receive the following error
>         make: /bin/sh: Command not found
>         make: *** [install] Error 127
>
> I've re-created the symlink for /bin/sh to bash. When I run sh manually
> I do not receive an error.

Do you have the symlink from /bin/bash -> /tools/bin/bash?

If not, your toolchain is not adjusted properly and /tools/bin/bash is
hardcoded to use the dynamic linker at /lib/ld-linux.so.2. Since your
in the chroot, /lib/ld-linux.so.2 doesn't exist. This should be
/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2.

>From outside the chroot, try this command:

$ readelf -l /tools/bin/bash | grep interpreter

It should return /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2 if everything has been done correctly.

--
Dan