Problems installing Expect-5.42.1

Richard Caldwell rcaldwellie at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 09:33:43 PDT 2006

Hi, I'm having the following problem:
Book version 6.0, using LiveCD, using the setenv.sh file from
the "Building LFS from Live CD Hint".
When I tried to install Expect-5.42.1 I had an error when I ran the line
./configure --prefix=/tools --with-tcl=/tools/lib --with-x=no
I don't remember the specifics but from searching the archives found a
similar error which suggested adding
--with-tcl=$LFS/sources.tcl8.4.7/unix
as ./configure was missing a file. This appeared to work but I'm now
 having an error when I run make SCRIPTS="" INSTALL
The error is:
/mnt/lfs/tools/bin ../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/ ../ ../ ../ ../
i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find ltcl8.4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [expect_installed] Error 1

Any help welcome please? Is this maybe related to my earlier error
or does anyone know if the setenv.sh file from the hint is suitable
for LFS version 6.0 as it says that it's for version 6.2 but I'm not sure
what the differences are or if that's the problem?