error compiling Glibc-2.3.6

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 7 13:52:05 PDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 08:36:55PM +0200, Lu_Mia Lu_Mia wrote:

> >From: Bauke Jan Douma <bjdouma at xs4all.nl>
>
> I compared what you wrote with the same part in the file that I have, by
> using "diff" and they are equal.

 In that case, I think you will have to give use some more details
before anybody can pinpoint what is wrong.  The missing '"'
characters are weird.  If it was just a problem in a downloaded
file, I would ask if you had passed it through a windows system or
otherwise done something strange, but I think we've established that
this file gets generated during the build.

 Bauke mentioned LFS patches, but I think that would be a red
herring ("a false path", if you don't grok the expression) because
2.3.6 in LFS is somewhat old and fairly well tested.

 What locale ($LC_ALL) does your lfs user have ?

 We assume you are building from a linux system, probably one that
is a little older than the LFS you are attempting to build.  Your
report showed 2.6.12, I think - what is your host distro ?

 Have you knowingly done anything different from what is in the lfs
book, or downloaded the patches onto a windows system (which might
change the unix '\n' to '\l\n ' ?

ĸen