keyboard problem

Richard Caldwell rcaldwellie at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 16:07:40 PDT 2006

Hi,
    I'm having the following problem with my keyboard and I can find a solution in the archives.
Installing LFS from LIveCD 6.0

In chapter 5 "adjusting the toolchain" I can't find the ` character on my keyboard.(I'm on a
different machine typing this). There's a few other mixed up characters such as @ appears
over 2 but that's not a problem. problem is that the character immediately before dirname on
the first line of the command below can't be found. I think it's called an acute accent and it's
 not over the key above my tab key as I'd expect it.

SPECFILE=`dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs &&
gcc -dumpspecs > $SPECFILE &&
sed 's@^/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/tools&@g' $SPECFILE > tempspecfile &&
mv -vf tempspecfile $SPECFILE &&
unset SPECFILE

I'd appreciate if anyone can explain how to resolve this. I think it must just be a keyboard
configuration issue but I can't find the solution?

Thanks

RC