GCC-3.4.1-Pass1 problem

Brandon Peirce brandon_peirce at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 07:57:38 PDT 2006

Richard Caldwell wrote:
>Chris Staub wrote:
>
> > That host system is too new to build that old version of LFS. You need
> > to either find an older distro to use as a host, or build the latest
> > stable LFS version.
>
>I see that the latest book version online is 6.2, so I wouldn't have
>thought
>that 6.0 was 'very' old. It took me so long to download all of the files
>that I don't want to have to go through that again! Can you recommend
>a suitable host? I see suse 9.2 professional available on amazon for
>£6.96. Would that be a suitable distro?

Richard, it sounds like you have a problem of a slow Internet connection :-(
Probably your best bet would be to try to get hold of the LFS 6.2 live CD.
Not only is it a bootable host distro suitable for building LFS, but also
contains all the source packages and patches need to build 6.2--nothing
further to download.  The only problem is the Live CD itself is only
available
via download AFAIK (~500MB).  Can't you get a mate, colleague, cousin,...
with a faster Internet to download and burn it on a CD for you?

Brandon.