Chapter 5 part 7 adjusting the toolchain

Simon Needham saneedham at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:54:07 PDT 2006

I am getting stuck while adjusting the toolchain.  When I try to move
the files with:

mv -v /tools/$(gcc -dumpmachine)/bin/{ld,ld-old}

I get an error message:

mv: cannot stat '/tools/bin/ld' : No such file or directory

The message is of course self explanatory, but I have double checked
all my steps upto this point and don't appear to have missed anything.
 I have just proceeded on with the installation of the other packages
and the toolchain check.  The toolchain check works fine and TCL
installs.  Expect however, doesn't.

Anyone able to help or spot what I have missed?

I am running LFS 6.2 and using the Live Cd as a host system.

Thank you in advance

Dr Simon Needham