ld built without --hash-style, Ch5, Fedora Core 6 -> glibc config failure

Amadeus amadeus.stevenson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 08:29:01 PST 2006

Ok my mistake, after lots of rebuilding I "saw" that the dejagnu "make
check" uses g++, which is the host version at this stage as LFS gcc-pass
1 only compiles gcc not g++...

To sum up: host gcc (FC6) passes --hash-style=gnu to ld.
When building binutils-pass1 this is fine as the host gcc and ld are used.
When building gcc-pass1 this hiccups as the host gcc is used but the
just-compiled ld (without --hash-style) is found in /tools/bin before
/usr/bin as per lfs user environment.

So the only tweak needed is as you suggested for gcc pass1:

CC="gcc -B/usr/bin/" \
  ../gcc-4.1.1/configure ...

Or removing /tools/bin from the path when compiling gcc pass1 or as per
the other suggestions...

Thanks for the help,

Amadeus