ld built without --hash-style, Ch5, Fedora Core 6 -> glibc config failure

Luca liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Tue Nov 28 05:54:02 PST 2006

Hello and sorry for auto-introducing me in the thread.

In some new systems as Fedora Core 6 gcc passes --hash-style=gnu to the
linker, which indeed is called with an option like
"--enable-new-ldflags" (which enables new linker flags).
The result is a DSO with ".gnu.hash" only so not including the "old"
".hash"; a possible option is to pass something like "--hash-style=both"
so that an old dynamic linker should handle or the old "--hash-style=sysv".

I just tried myself from a Fedora Core 6 (i386) host and it seems to work.

Luca