HELP

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Sun Nov 26 11:26:49 PST 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 21:25, Bauke Jan Douma wrote:
> > In the event I do continue the building with the command "make install"
> > after getting this failure reports as mentioned above then I receive the
> > failure report in the "INSTALL-ERROR-STRIPPED" file as attached.
>
> Did you just say you did 'make install' after getting 'make check'
> errors?
>
> That might be your problem right there.  You should /never/ ignore
> these errors -- least of all with glibc.

Wrong. There are _always_ a few errors when making check for gcc and
glibc.

The main question is how many errors one has. Usually gcc has less than
10 errors, glibc has less than 5 errors. What do you see after running
the following?

grep Error glibc-check-log

For example, there is usually a line like "Error 1 (Ignored)" there.

Examples of the "make check" command output for particular machine for
every package in the ch.6 are available at the location below:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/6.2/PIII-500/chapter6/

--
Nothing but perfection
pv