ld built without --hash-style, Ch5, Fedora Core 6 -> glibc config failure

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Fri Nov 24 12:58:39 PST 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 20:17, Amadeus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm following LFS-dev and trying to build glibc as per chapter five.
> After a while of investigating and trying LFS-6.2 instructions, it seems
> that whatever compiler I use (gcc-4.1.1 is default on FC6) ld is built
> without the --hash-style option which means glibc won't configure
> (--hash-style=gnu not supported).
>
> Apparently this has to do with "too new" tools on my host system, FC6,
> but I am clueless as to how to resolve this.
>
> Thanks for any help,

Is it possible to build your "own" copy of binutils before an LFS
build and use them instead of Fedora's ones?

For that you can try to run
../binutils-2.17/configure --some-options --prefix=/home/you/binutils
make
make install
export PATH="/home/you/binutils/bin:$PATH"

and then do a build exactly like the book says.

I hope this will help you.

--
Nothing but perfection
pv