Toolchain method

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 09:02:14 PST 2006

On 11/18/06, Luca <liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> A question about toolchain method, probably more lfs-dev related.
>
> We have gcc-pass1, binutils-pass1, adjusting the toolchain, gcc-pass2
> and binutils-pass2.
>
> Question: instead of building packages twice, should be simpler to use
> "--with-sysroot=/tools" method?

Because that's cross-compiling and we do a native build in LFS. CLFS2
is exactly what you're talking about and might be the right way
forward in the future. But we've had a long and successful history on
LFS with the two stage native build (for x86, anyway), so it's not
changing in the forseeable future.

http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-sysroot/

Man, it's been a while since I flexed my brain on system bootstrapping.

--
Dan