LFS and AMD

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Thu Nov 16 22:22:25 PST 2006

Extreme Coder wrote:
> Hello all,
>            I am pretty new to LFS. I am basically a
> system level programmer and I enjoy working with
> Linux, infact I live with it :). I have basic
> question, with related to hardware architecture. Since
> I am buying a AMD Athlon 64 Processor, with ASUS board
> and ATI Chipset, I would like to know, whether Linux
> supports this motherboard and chipset. Also, have
> anyone here tested LFS, BLFS in AMD based systems ?

The chipset...  one of those Radeon Express things, right?

There were some problems with those chipsets and earlier versions of the
kernel.  The problem that I remember, and have seen happen in person,
was the real time clock would run fast... twice as fast or more.
Appears to be a dodgy ACPI implementation on the motherboard.

See: