Problems with i965G Chipset

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 17:48:37 PST 2006

I bought myself a GA-965G-DS3 motherboard

--965G northbridge
--ICH9 southbridge
--unknown addon controller for IDE & SATA Ports

Harddrive is plugged into the IDE Channel (Only 1 avaliable).  there
are 6 sata slots.

I compiled in a few ide/sata modules that appeared to fit, but I
cannot get it to find my partition.  (I believe I just dont know where
it is mapped to in the /dev directory.  It isn't hda1, or sda1.  I
coulnd't see what the kernel identifies as drives as it scrolls by too
fast).

Grub has no problems accessing the filestructure.

I guess I am looking for a few posibilities
-Recent bootable cd that supports the above chipset, so I can scope
out how it lays out the harddrives  (LFS liveCD does not find the cd
after the kernel is loaded).
-way to slow down or cache the information supplied by the kernel as
it boots.  This way I can see what partitions It see's, or if I even
got the correct drivers.

If nothing is out there,  I'll probably attempt to build a initrd,
with a bash shell and a minimal environment.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------