Glibc 2.5 SCSI headers (SVN20061021)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 09:50:30 PST 2006

On 11/12/06, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/11/06, Brett <gyu-61eg at myamail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've noticed that Glibc (2.5) overwrites the scsi headers
> > installed as part of the "linux headers" step (linux 2.6.18.1).
> >
> > Does this matter?
>
> I think it's ok and the right thing to do. Fedora has been removing
> the scsi headers intalled by linux to avoid the conflict. Which
> headers are they, exactly?

This is important and should probably been noted in the book. cc'ing lfs-dev.

I believe the affected headers are /usr/include/scsi. Look just before
the %clean section in the fedora spec:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/glibc-kernheaders/glibc-kernheaders.spec?view=markup

So, should they be removed before we install into /usr/include, or
should we just let glibc blow them away?

--
Dan