Questions about network and GRUB

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 10 15:01:09 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:40:11PM +0300, Denis Silin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My LFS is booting but gives an error like this:
>
> "Interface /dev/eth0 doesn't exist".

 If it _really_ says that, you've type /dev/eth0 somewhere that
should only say eth0.  Probably somewhere in /etc/sysconfig.

 If that was just a typo in your email and the error is that eth0
doesn't exist, you need to build the correct network driver for your
kernel (or modprobe it if it didn't get loaded automatically).

 A third alternative is that you followed section 7.13.1, "Creating
stable names for network interfaces" - if you do that, I think they
replace eth0 and so forth.

Ken