Keyboard

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:30:20 PST 2006

On 11/10/06, veritosproject at gmail.com <veritosproject at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, this is one time when FreeBSD is nicer--it told me straight up
> when it was booting what kind I had.  And it let me scroll back to see
> it.

Not trying to throw flames, but it seems both things are possible on Linux.

$ dmesg | grep -i keyboard
input: Silitek Standard USB Keyboard  as /class/input/input1
input: USB HID v1.00 Keyboard [Silitek Standard USB Keyboard ] on
usb-0000:00:07.2-1

And, as long as you don't have an /etc/issue that clears the screen or
switch VTs right away, you can use Shift+PgUp to page up screens.

--
Dan