Questions about network and GRUB

Denis Silin dsln at mail.ru
Wed Nov 8 11:40:11 PST 2006

Hello!

My LFS is booting but gives an error like this:

"Interface /dev/eth0 doesn't exist".

What part of the book is responsible for the eth0 creation?
How can I solve this problem?

I am using the GRUB from the host Linux, not the GRUB compiled following the book. Host Linux is on hdb1, LFS is on hdb3.

The following was added to grub.conf

title LFS (2.6.16.27)
root (hd1,2)
kernel /boot/lfskernel-2.6.16.27 root=/dev/hdb3 rhgb quiet

In grub.conf there is a reference to the /dev/hdb3 on the host partition.

If I install the new GRUB, the host Linux will be referencing to the LFS partition, isn't it? Is it bad?

Best regards, Denis