gcc-3.4.3 bootstrap error

Warren Wilder wipwap19 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:39:28 PST 2006

>From: "Terror Duizel" <duizeltjuh at hotmail.com>
>To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
>Subject: gcc-3.4.3 bootstrap error
>Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:59:12 +0000

>>   Oh, I misread so:5 as so.5 - sorry for the noise.
>>
>>   As to using fedora, I can remember somebody saying fedora couldn't
>>compile LFS because fedora was using newer versions. I can remember
>>testing something to ensure gcc-4 could build a 6.1 update, but I don't
>>have any installed fedora systems to test with.
>>
>>   If Dan's questions don't lead to an answer, consider using an LFS Live
>>CD.
>>
>>Ken
>
>There is a patch listed on the ch5-binutils-pass 1 page so that it can
>be built by
>a host running gcc-4 or later
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/binutils-pass1.html
>
>--
>LFS ID #12355
>
>thanks for your help but it don't work i tried debian instead of fedora and
>then i get the next error:
>
>make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
>./genattrtab ../gcc-3.4.3/gcc/config/i386/i386.md > tmp-attrtab.c
>make[2]: *** [s-attrtab] Error 139
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
>make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
>make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
>by the way a time ago i finished lfs and blfs with fedora core 3 but my
>harddisk is fucked up so i can build again but i'm very greatfull if
>anybody can help me
>

>--

If Fedora is sporting too new a version of gcc for the LFS book to help you
out, it might be worth checking whether your current Debian isn't also. What
versions of everything are you using? You should also explain which
step/page in the book you are on. The error message isn't very clear. Post
the gcc or make call which actually led to your errors to prevent guess
work.