GRUB problem

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:56:09 PST 2006

On 2/27/06, Ellis Wilson <ellis.wilson at villanova.edu> wrote:
> Hey all,
> Finally finished my shiny new linux system, ran great, then went and
> wanted to install Win2Kpro on the third partition on my harddisk (1st is
> LFS, 2nd swap, 3rd Win2k).

Yes, thanks to Microsoft for assuming that everyone wants their
bootloader.  In all the dual-boot docs I've ever read, they always say
install Windows first for this very reason.  Incidentally, a few weeks
back I was installing FC4 as a test host, and found that it was pretty
difficult to disable it from installing their GRUB.

--
Dan