GRUB problem

Ellis Wilson ellis.wilson at villanova.edu
Mon Feb 27 19:57:22 PST 2006

Hey all,
Finally finished my shiny new linux system, ran great, then went and
wanted to install Win2Kpro on the third partition on my harddisk (1st is
LFS, 2nd swap, 3rd Win2k).  I put windows on and miraculously it treats
my system like its the only OS on it.  No big deal I think and put in
the lfs disk I downloaded from the site and go back in, mount my system
(which looks fine/untoutched), chroot in, and go into grub.  Planning to
simply follow the chapter 8 instructions on making grub install itself
back into the MBR I type in root(hd0,0) and it replys:
Error 21:  Selected disk does not exist
So I just type in root to find out what does exist and it replys:
(fd0):  Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x0

I have no clue what to do and even when I try to root(fd0) it gives me
the same (first) reply.

Thanks all trying not to lose a weeks worth of learning linux and
building my own system.

Ellis