gcc-3.4.3 bootstrap error

Terror Duizel duizeltjuh at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:59:12 PST 2006

On 2/23/06, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Terror Duizel wrote:
>

> >> /tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:/usr/lib/libc.so:5: syntax error
>
>   Oh, I misread so:5 as so.5 - sorry for the noise.
>
>   As to using fedora, I can remember somebody saying fedora couldn't
>compile LFS because fedora was using newer versions. I can remember
>testing something to ensure gcc-4 could build a 6.1 update, but I don't
>have any installed fedora systems to test with.
>
>   If Dan's questions don't lead to an answer, consider using an LFS Live
>CD.
>
>Ken

There is a patch listed on the ch5-binutils-pass 1 page so that it can
be built by
a host running gcc-4 or later
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/binutils-pass1.html

--
LFS ID #12355

thanks for your help but it don't work i tried debian instead of fedora and
then i get the next error:

make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
./genattrtab ../gcc-3.4.3/gcc/config/i386/i386.md > tmp-attrtab.c
make[2]: *** [s-attrtab] Error 139
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

by the way a time ago i finished lfs and blfs with fedora core 3 but my
harddisk is fucked up so i can build again but i'm very greatfull if anybody
can help me