chroot: cannot run command LFS 6.1.1 Ch6

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 24 06:11:12 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Pawel wrote:

> Perhaps this is something wrong on root acount but I dont
> know what :(
> Onle from root acount I can use chroot .
> Please help.

Possibly, you are not becoming root in the correct manner -

  Set up all the environment as user LFS (particularly, in this case, the
PATH), printenv to confirm the settings, 'su', then printenv again to
see the settings are still there.  Compare to 'su -' or just logging in
as root.

  If that isn't the problem, something in /tools is mislinked (use ldd
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tools/lib, I guess) or else one of the essential
symlinks is missing.

Ken