When booting LFS-file system error.

kshama shepal kshama_shepal at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 11:25:50 PST 2006

Hi,
     This is a 2nd letter of mine on this list. The
solutions I got for my previous problem were really
helpful. Rerunning Udevstart did solve the problem.
Thanks for the help.

Now, I m stuck in another error.
When booting of my LFS 6.0 starts, it shows following
error-

Mounting root file system in read only mode     ..[OK]
Fsck.ext2 : File system has unsupported features
(/dev/hda3)
E2fsck : get a newer version of e2fsck !

      File system errors were encountered that
couldn’t be fixed automatically.This system cannot
continue to boot and will therefore be halted until
those errors fixed manually by system administrator.
   ..[FAILED]

      When you press enter this system will be halted.
      Press Enter to continue

 hda3 is my LFS partition.
 I don’t understand why it mounts root fs in read-only

   mode.
 I have created menu.lst such that I can boot my host

   distro too. So, if I have to access hda3 to perform
   remedies, I can still chroot in it.

 Following is my fstab file (In case it needs to be
reviewed)

# Begin /etc/fstab

# file system  mount-   type    options   dump  fsck-
#              point                            order

/dev/hda3    /         ext2    defaults     1      1
/dev/hda5    swap      swap     pri=1       0      0
proc         /proc     proc     defaults    0      0
sysfs        /sys      sysfs    defaults    0      0
devpts     /dev/pts  devpts   gid=4,mode=620   0
0
shm          /dev/shm  tmpfs   defaults      0      0

# End /etc/fstab

Kindly help me on this. Seeing errors at this stage is
really frustrating.
I hope there is a way out.