gcc compile errors

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:02:23 PST 2006

On 2/19/06, Don Mayhew <donm at seanet.com> wrote:

> Errors during first compile of gcc  - Feb 20, 2006
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> On page 46 of LFS 2nd Edition
> Doing command: make BOOT_LDFLAGS="-static"  bootstrap

Which version of the book are you trying to build?  It looks like LFS
2, but I've never seen one of the books.  There are much more recent
versions of the book that build the system more robustly in addition
to using newer versions.

> Errors reported:
> /tools/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/
> lib/  \
>     ../lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
<snip>
> Host system is amd64 using OS Debian 3.1r0a

x86_64 isn't supported on standard LFS.  Cross-LFS supports more architectures.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/clfs/

--
Dan