missing .so after binutils pass1

Ungvari Gabor pinin at freemail.hu
Sat Feb 18 01:03:56 PST 2006

Hi all,

 I have started building LFS from scratch again.
I have the problem that after installing compiled binutils
(LFS book chapter 5.3.1) followings are missing: libbfd.so
and libopcodes.so from /tools/lib/.
I have libbfd.la and libopcodes.la instead.
What is the reason for this? Can I continue building LFS
without these .so files?
I haven't noticed any error during compilation of binutils.
Btw: how can I "save" whole log output of compilation?

br,

Gabor