S50hotplug error on shutdown / reboot

Dennis Terebecki dennis at onerrave.com
Fri Feb 17 13:52:33 PST 2006

Dan,

Thanks for your email.  Your question made me relook at (for the 20th
time) what
I had done.  I added the hotplugs (with an 's') directory and the
'events' file
to /var/log/.  When I changed 'hotplugs' to the correct 'hotplug', the failure
cleared up.

To document my problem and the solution:

I received an S50hotplug failure error when shutting dowm or rebooting
LINUX. S50hotplug was complaining that the file
'var/log/hotplug/events' was not
created by my LINUX system build and did not exist.

To correct the problem, add the file '/var/log/hotplug/events'.  I added a one
line comment in the 'events' file.  The existence of the
'/var/log/hotplug/events' file fixed the failure.

Dennis