S50hotplug error on shutdown / reboot

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:09:35 PST 2006

On 2/17/06, Dennis Terebecki <dennis at onerrave.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.  I have added a dummy file 'events' in the
> 'var/log/hotplug' with no lunk.  I still get the FAILURE and message that the
> file was not found.
>
> Any other ideas?

What does the stop target say in /etc/rc.d/init.d/hotplug?  I don't
know what the version is being used in 6.1.1.  I have Version 00.02 of
this script and it has:

    stop)
        # Remove and Recreate /var/log/hotplug/events
        > /var/log/hotplug/events

        ;;

However, on a different system with Version 00.00, the stop target is this:

        stop)
                # Remove hotplug as the default manager of hotplug events
                echo /bin/true > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
                ;;

The `> /var/log/hotplug/events' command won't fail as long as that
directory exists.  I don't know what happens in the second command.
What do you have?

--
Dan