Booting Problem

David J. Hong davidjhong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:54:02 PST 2006

Thanks for all who replied. The system works now after my struggling
for a couple of days. Instead of modifying from existing .config file,
I started from scratch and do 'make menuconfig'. Then I went through
the menu, line by line, and save the .config. After compiling, it
appears that i am able to bring up the kernel to login prompt.

One thing needs to be fixed in the LFS version doc:

Section 6.11, page 89

after you executes the command

make -C ../glibc-2.3.4/linuxthreads/man install

Following display shows:

Remember to run /usr/sbin/makewhatis /usr/man at some point.

I remembered I run the command at the end of  this chapter (Chapter 6)
when /usr/sbin/makewhatis command is available.

Thanks all for the good work. It is a good feeling that newly built
kernel being able to work!!!