Error while making system bootable

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:57:16 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, kshama shepal <kshama_shepal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> -Even when I use TAB for command completion, it does
> not list out my hard drive. (Shows only - fd0,cd)

Follow Tor's advice and make sure that you have all your devices with
udevstart, e.g. /dev/hdXY.  As I understand it, when grub is invoked,
it reads the file /boot/grub/device.map unless you tell it some other
--device-map location.  You can make grub regenerate the device.map
file by simply removing it and re-running grub or invoking `grub
--recheck'.  Either way will force grub to regenerate this file.
Hopefully, you'll see your device then.

--
Dan