binutils pass 1

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:51:59 PST 2006

On 2/13/06, beanboy at beanboy.f2s.com <beanboy at beanboy.f2s.com> wrote:
> I've tried removing the binutils-build directory and unpacked the sources. Tried
> this a number of times, but still get the same error.

Always at the same spot, huh?  You could try to check if it's hot near
the processor while you're building binutils.  Otherwise, I don't
know.  As I understand it, the gcc internal error typically signals
hardware problems.

> System:
>
> Intel 233MMX
> 80Mb RAM
> 2.6Gb HDD
> Debian Sarge (Kernel: 2.6.8-2)

That's not a lot, but I know people have built LFS with less.  You
could try memtest86, to to make sure that you're memory's alright.

The best I can say is to make sure that all your hardware is OK
because you will be stressing it to the limit for many, many hours.

--
Dan