Booting from LFS Version 6.1.1

jiatian hong jiatian_hong at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 15:26:25 PST 2006

Hello there,

I am pretty new to LFS. I was able to
download/build/install LFS on my IBM T42 laptop by
following all instructions given by the LFS book. At
the end when I rebooted, everything seems going
expected until it says mounting file system and detect
USB, and then after, a blank screen come up with a
blinking cursor and stays in this blank screen
forever. But there were no any apparent error message
shown. I don't know what to do. Anyone can throw some
light? Greatly apreciated.

I am in California so I was advised by the book that I
do not need to set up console/kbd to run the console
bootscript.

Thanks