Followup to: Chapter 6 binutils 'make check' failures (fwd)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 12 12:08:24 PST 2006

Whoops, dropped the list off the Cc.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:06:37 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: Anthony Borla <ajborla at bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: Followup to: Chapter 6 binutils 'make check' failures

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Anthony Borla wrote:

>> I wondered about the visibility tests when I saw the number of
>> failures.  Yes, I've seen this, but I think it was on ppc64 multilib
>> clfs!  The good news is that the basic system worked ok, as if the
>> failure might be in the test code.
>>

> Thanks, Ken - that's the sort of reassurance I was definitely after :) !

   Since you most definitely aren't on ppc64, I would regard it as "well, it
might work".  Of course, pretending to be on a 486 isn't particularly common,
so maybe that is the trigger.

   I did wonder if a recent kernel might be involved (I had to used 2.6.15-rc or
newer on my ppc64, despite the warnings that udev ought to be upgraded), but
apparently not.

Ken