doubt

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Sat Feb 11 22:01:18 PST 2006

On Sunday 12 February 2006 00:04, Ken Moffat wrote:
> Pure64 on x86_64 still has a few things to watch out for, but in
> general they also apply to 64-bit builds in a multilib, so you'll be hit
> by them anyway (e.g. config.{guess,sub} updates, --disable-fast-malloc
> in kde), and they will hopefully show up in a search of the blfs or clfs
> archives (well, if clfs is searchable).

Well, I've a bit of experience with LFS/BLFS, having built 3 separate complete
KDE-Desktops over the past while, but always used the regular book.

This time, I'm using the Pure-64 build on my Dual Opteron. My first attempt
was thwarted by kernel/hotplug issues, but hopefully Ken's suggested script
and newer kernel will fix that.

Once I've the Pure-64 LFS built, I plan to build modular X.org, install
nVidia's 64-bit driver and build a full KDE Desktop. Now I realise this is
not straight-forward, but I'm just looking for things to watch out for, and
tips for avoiding the pitfalls.

Cheers,

	John Gay