doubt

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:31:15 PST 2006

On 2/11/06, Bruno Pinto <cronusster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then I guess I'll try a multilib system. But... won't I have problems
> when I get to blfs? I mean, I guess blfs book is meant for x86_32
> systems, so i believe I would have to compile those programs in a way
> other than the one explained on blfs... right? blfs does not explain
> how to cross compile those programs, or isn't that really necessary?

Bruno,

BLFS is only tested on 32 bit.  If you choose to go 64 bit (either
multilib or not), you will have to struggle with a lot of the packages
there.  If this is the first time you've built a system from scratch,
then you need to be aware that it is a lot of work.  Having a 64 bit
system or, even more so, a multilib system will not be
straightforward.

I don't want to deter you from trying to build one of these systems.
I just want you to be aware that it will be a lot of work.

Good luck.

--
Dan