Segfaults in USB modprobes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:31:30 PST 2006

On 2/10/06, paul.rogers at juno.com <paul.rogers at juno.com> wrote:
> I recently installed LFS-6.1.1.  FBBG led to the module-inits programs being installed in /usr/local/{bin,sbin}, but I got that fixed and they're now in /{bin,sbin}.  I'm getting 7-8 segment faults from usb.rc as it goes through its modules.  I recompiled the kernel with few options, networking but no sound or USB, for this P-1 system but that seemed to get the same segfaults as 2.6.11.12.  What's going wrong?

Could you post the exact errors?

> p.s. erratum for module-inits build: --prefix=/ not ""

I just tested this again with module-init-tools-3.1 and --prefix="",
and it came out correctly for me.  I am using a DESTDIR, but it
shouldn't matter.  prefix in Makefile is not getting set to
/usr/local.  I also tried with --prefix= and --prefix=/ and it came
out the same.

What version of module-init-tools are you using?  IIRC, this was an
issue in 3.2.1 and 3.2.2.

--
Dan