binutils config error

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 8 13:11:01 PST 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Ungvari Gabor wrote:

> xgcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)

  Any internal error in gcc *usually* means your hardware is flakey (
memory gone bad - try memtest86+ on x86, overheating (check the cpu fan,
and clean the fan(s) and heatsinks), or power supply problems).

  To answer your later question, yes, remove and re-extract the source
when retrying (I don't _know_ if this is strictly necessary when we
build in a separate directory, but it takes a minimal time and rules out
a lot of problems).

Ken