binutils config error

Ungvari Gabor pinin at freemail.hu
Wed Feb 8 04:39:45 PST 2006

Hi all,

 I  have v6.1.1. LFS under excersice.
It seems I have problem with first package, binutils.
In config.log I have the following:
------ 8< ----------
configure:2249: checking for correct version of gmp.h
configure:2262: gcc -c -g -O2   conftest.c 1>&5
configure:2252:17: gmp.h: No such file or directory
configure: In function `main':
configure:2256: error: `choke' undeclared (first use in this
function)
configure:2256: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
configure:2256: error: for each function it appears in.)
configure:2256: error: syntax error before "me"
configure: failed program was:
#line 2251 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "gmp.h"
int main() {

#if __GNU_MP_VERSION < 3
choke me
#endif

; return 0; }
Then I noticed that I don't have any .so in /tools/lib/.

So, anyone can guess me what is the reason of error in
binutils config.log and missing .so after binutils compilation.
Anyway binutils build seemed ok.
Then I proceeded forward and gcc compilation failed later.

I have a debian Sarge as base system.

thanx in advance!

Gabor