lfs-support Digest, Vol 891, Issue 1

M Sandell mikes at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 04:27:19 PST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, boovarahan boovarahan wrote:

<snip>

> For that we still need a host system and our hard built LFS is not
> usable for this purpose.

<snip>

> But what about getting rid of the host system altogether ?

Obviously it depends on personal circumstances.  Since my first LFS boot I
have been proceeding without the host system.  I have the BLFS (and LFS)
books on my pda (gotta love that Plucker app!) so I can read them sat on
the bus, throne etc.  I have sources on a partition of a hardisk that I
can mount to access.  All of my make-install is done in LFS with no
reference to the "host system".

There are some important bits at the start of BLFS book about the post-LFS
config, but this was done in one session.  I am then free to boot (B)LFS
whenever I have time to install a couple more packages.

M.