How to proceed to BLFS

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Feb 5 05:14:17 PST 2006

Andrew Benton wrote:
> boovarahan boovarahan wrote:
<snip>
>> Please guide me.
>
> What I did when I first did LFS was print pages out and then type them
> in when I rebooted to LFS. This worked OK till I got to things like tcl
> and docbook, then I started writing scripts to avoid typos.
> Another alternative is to do it in chroot. Make sure you have /proc /sys
> and /dev mounted.
>
> Andy

Hi,

I always do quite a bit of BLFS inside Chroot.

Once you have GPM, Lynx (or Links) and your network set-up then you can
proceed from LFS but there's no doubt in my mind that it is lot easier
with a couple of xterms open (one being your chroot window into LFS).
Just follow the sections in chapter 6 about mounting the filesystems and
run udevstart to populate your chrooted /dev...)

Have fun.

Alan