How to proceed to BLFS

Jeremy Henty jeremy at chaos.org.uk
Sun Feb 5 04:16:34 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 01:30:49PM +0530, boovarahan boovarahan wrote:

> ... I can not use my LFS system usefully because it does not have
> network/text based web browser be default. So it is difficult to
> read the BLFS book which is stored in my hdd.

When I started BLFS I installed the HTML docs locally, then installed
links (a text-mode web browser) to read them.

Another tip: install gpm (console mouse server).  Then you can select
text (shift+mouse-drag) in your links console and paste it
(middle-button-click) into a command-line or a text editor.  This
saves a *lot* of time.

YMMV of course, but this worked very well for me.  BLFS includes links
and gpm.

Cheers,

Jeremy Henty