Localedef not working after final Glibc-2.3.6 install

Michael Chrostowski soks86 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:25:29 PST 2006

Hi again,

Back to my old problem... I poked and proded around and this is pretty
much the last of what I have discovered.

If I look through the errors generated by my 'make check' of glibc the
first error (and the rest with different binaries) reports that it
cannot find the 'mtrace' it compiled to test it out, in fact 'mtrace'
does not exist (although I didn't have any make errors that stopped
the make process...). Right off the bat that means there is something
definately wrong... unless this is normal behaviour? anyone know about
this.

Aside from that... I'm running out of guesses and it's looking like
I'm going to have to start over. Although all of my /tools toolchain
programs seemed fine... so I can't even guess at what the heck is
wrong with this.

I dunno what to think... or do... ahhh! don't make me go to debian =(

I'm making and saving the output, MAYBE something is nuts. Just
running this by if anyone knows why mtrace would be gone and glibc
wouldn't be complaining.

=/

Thanks again for all the help.

- Michael Chrostowski