A way to keep track of packages while installing LFS

Justin O'Neil oneil.justin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:57:46 PST 2006

Hello,

I have successfully completed chapter 5 in the LFS 6.1 book.  I am using
the LiveCD, and I have to say, that thing is a piece of work!

Well anyway, before I start into chapter 6, I would like to see how to
keep track of what files different packages install.  Not exactly a
Package Manager, just a system of keeping track of what I got.  Any
suggestions?  I've looked into Package Users, but that system looks
difficult to implement and I think I remember reading something on this list
about it not being very friendly to first time LFS builders.

Thank You
-Justin O'Neil