first successful boot with GRUB floppy

Josh huffdad at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 17:07:44 PST 2006

--- Alan Lord <lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> ...(if you follow me)...

yep, i follow.  thank you for the alternative, i'll probably try it out
sometime, just to satisfy my curiosity.  i've set it up how i want it
for right now, though.  grub is on hdb's MBR and BIOS drive priority is
to check hdb first.  it would never have occurred to me to edit the
device.map file.  when you folks said configuring grub would be easier
than the windows ntloader you sure weren't lying.

> Take your time and...

foreign concept() {does not compute; return FALSE;}