PTY test

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:48:40 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, Richard Melville <richard at netvaluesystems.com> wrote:
> Each time I have reached the  PTY test after the installation of
> *dejagnu*, and issued the command
> *expect -c "spawn ls"* the shell just echoes *spawn ls*.  Why is this?

As the others have said, that's the right output.  You can get into
the habit of using the command

echo $?

This will tell you the return status of the last completed command.
If you get 0, then it exited normally.  If you got a non-zero number,
then something's gone wrong.  As far as I know, the only commands in
the LFS book that will complete unsuccessfully are make check's and
the stripping commands.

--
Dan