package users and Perl

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 08:04:12 PST 2006

Thanks

I think I will assign any new package user installing things in
Perl in a new group, let it be "perlish".

Then I will make writeable by that group all the files in the
/usr/lib/perl5/ structure. (after each installation, of course)

Another question:
 - do you know if there is a mechanism of setuid/setgid
   for perl scripts? That is, if I install a program not as root, will
   I need to verify if it wanted to be setuid root?

The other question remains valid for any advice:
 is anyone using CPAN with package users?

--Luca