lfs-support Digest, Vol 885, Issue 1

boovarahan boovarahan varaahan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 05:51:17 PST 2006

>    The next task at hand is to figure out how to
> > tweak the windows boot.ini file to default boot my LFS system.  After
> > that I can modify any and all linux configuration files to suit my
> > tastes.  Once I've accomplished that, it's on to the BLFS book. :-D

I am playing with a lot of linux distros, and to avoid booting
problems I use the following method:

Install the bootloader XOSL (www.xosl.org) on the MBR.

While intsalling any linux distro, see to it that the GRUB/LILO
bootloader is installed under the root partition and NOT on the
default MBR. Upon rebooting the machine you can select any OS from
XOSL bootloader menu.

Boovarahan S