upgrade of libc-2.3.3.so to libc-2.3.6.so problematic?

Shane Shields shane.shields at erkunttarim.com.tr
Mon Aug 28 04:54:16 PDT 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 2:36 pm, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:

> Is there a way to figure out completly what was  installed  by  glibc  in
> the first  place  to  backup  it?  I  didn't  use  package-users  then so
> it's not distinguishable from other packages.
>
> Well thanks again and if You don't hear from me again You know what
> happend...
>
> Lynx
Personally I would tar up all my bin and lib directories then do my upgrade.
If it doesnt work then insert your rescue cd (you do have one dont you :) and
untar them again.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25
for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this
message or its header, you agree to these terms.