Dejagnu 1.4.4 testsuite failures

Brandon Peirce brandon_peirce at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:49:54 PDT 2006

Colin Kemp wrote:
>On Aug 22, 2006, at 10:59 PM, Brandon Peirce wrote:
>
>>I'm having massive failures with the Dejagnu  testsuite, by which I mean
>>21 failures and only 3 passes!
>
>>Dejagnu itself seems fine, because I installed it anyway and used  it to
>>successfully run binutils and gcc testsuites with identical  results to
>>previous builds.
>
>The only thing that i could see is the fact that dejagnu is a temp  tool
>that does not require a test suite... something on the host  could be
>screwing with it, but if it works then i would disregard it

Strictly speaking, it is a temp tool as far as LFS is concerned, but it is
also a useful package to have around and I consider it a fairly important
part of a complete toolchain/development environment.

I prefer to have a measure of confidence in a program before installing it,
rather than just blindly installing and hoping I won't discover an issue
further down the chain...

And it's not like I'm doing this just once! I am busy developing a kind-of
customized A,B,C-LFS of my own, so lots of packages being recompiled and
comparison of test-suite results provides useful 'checkpoints'.

B.