LFS 6.9 Glibc-2.3.6

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 18:37:06 PDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:

> It seems that gcc is the only one pointing to lib instead of tools/lib
> all the others point to tools/lib on the readelf -l command and it looks
> like the spec file is set to tools/lib and not lib. Before doing pass 2
> of gcc and binutils, I blew away the source and build subdirs of both
> and re tar'd the tarballs. Do you think that that's my problem? If so it
> looks like here we go again. I'll be waiting since my email is on this
> system, and it's gettin' a bit painful switching back & forth. Usually
> the only time I reboot is on M$ not linux.

Blowing away the directories is not a problem. Only keep them if the
book says to (or if you like to keep them). It's always wise to start
with a freshly unpacked source tree unless there's a specific reason
not to.

It's very possible that everything built after gcc-pass2 has the
correct dynamic linker. Then the only things that need to be rebuilt
would be in between Adjusting and gcc-pass2. I.e. tcl, expect, dejagnu
and gcc-pass2. I would definitely rebuild gcc-pass2 now that the specs
file is correct. It will be very painful to find out in the middle of
the glibc build that something can't run in the chroot.

--
Dan