LFS 6.9 Glibc-2.3.6

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Aug 18 18:03:39 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 17:54 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 8/18/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure but I think I found it in
> > $LFS/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.3
> >
> > On viewing it I found this:
> >
> > *dynamic_linker:
> > /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2
> >
> > This is just before a section called *Link_command: towards the end. As
> > I'm using the LiveCD 6.2, I have to reboot from CD to get back or boot
> > from hard drive to get here so, I anxiously wait for an answer.
>
> That's it. Also, look in the command block in the book.
>
> SPECFILE=`dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs &&
> gcc -dumpspecs > $SPECFILE &&
> sed 's@^/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/tools&@g' $SPECFILE > tempspecfile &&
> mv -vf tempspecfile $SPECFILE &&
> unset SPECFILE
>
> The first command finds the spec file. Do `echo $SPECFILE'.
>
> Also, the LiveCD has full network support. I don't use it that much,
> but there should be documentation there to get set up. You may want to
> copy down your IP address, etc.
>
> --
> Dan

It seems that gcc is the only one pointing to lib instead of tools/lib
all the others point to tools/lib on the readelf -l command and it looks
like the spec file is set to tools/lib and not lib. Before doing pass 2
of gcc and binutils, I blew away the source and build subdirs of both
and re tar'd the tarballs. Do you think that that's my problem? If so it
looks like here we go again. I'll be waiting since my email is on this
system, and it's gettin' a bit painful switching back & forth. Usually
the only time I reboot is on M$ not linux.
--
Scott Castaline aka Bad2theBone

Hey! I was born crazy, what's your excuse?